Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Follow Your Nose

Today Cat and I decided to stop at The Old Chain of Rocks Bridge.  We had two cleaning jobs and decided we wanted to do some yoga in between.  While we were there we found one of St. Louis' birthday cakes!  We took lots of pictures and had a great time doing yoga in the sun and wind out over the water.

There is something about doing yoga outside that makes you feel more connected to the earth than when you do any other exercise outside.  When we opened up for sun salutations it was awesome to feel that sun hit us right in the heart.  It's almost like a beam of energy shoots from you instead of the other way around.  So cool!

Other people were using the bridge that day too.  A dad and his two boys were biking the bridge and stopping to take pictures of their own. Two ladies were walking and talking and another family was taking photographs by the birthday cake.

 Over the years it has sat unused and kids used to sneak up there and party at night.  My dad used to think it would be cool to put a restaurant right in the middle of the bridge.  I think he even drew up some plans for it.  He was never able to sell anyone else on the idea but I still imagine a cute cafe out over the water with visitors from both Missouri and Illinois.  I wonder how many other people had ideas like his.

 I think it's wonderful that the old bridge has been "upcycled" into a destination and recreation spot.
 I love this shot in B&W. I posted this on instagram and printed it out in the 4 X 4 size.  It looks incredible!  I love today's photo tech but I miss having actual prints to look at so I print my instagram photos right from my phone through different apps.
                                Shadow "High Five!"  Living in the moment!

                 K-She 95 is a musical staple in St. Louis.  Love to see it immortalized in grafitti!
                       
 Listen live here: http://player.liquidcompass.net/KSHEFM










 This is my edited version of this picture.  I do most of my edits on the picsart app on my phone. I'm a bit obsessed with photographing bridges lately.  Especially this one.

 "Cat" is one cool chick!  I love kickin' around with her.  She is always in for following our noses.  We call it getting caught in the trick bag!




My best friend passed away this year.  This bridge was also one of his favorite places so I made a photo tribute to both of them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment